Sunday 23 August 2015

New Uniform


Alright, there have been 14 heavyweight motorsickle blog posts since our last detour 'off-topic' so I don't feel I'm pushing my luck with this gem.

I'm not one for uniforms, club colours or overtly trying to fit in with the crowd (though I guess I am magnetised towards those of a similar mindset, so I'm going to look a bit like my mates, I suppose), HOWEVER, as soon as I saw this 1969 recording I wanted to demand that Ben and I wear identical watermelon red shirts with Concorde collars and banana-coloured ball-huggers whenever we're together on official Sideburn business.

Additionally, if I had it my way, our attachés, (deputy editor Mick P; Entertainments officer Dave Skooter Farm; poet Travis and subscriptions mistress Deb) would also be made to wear Irish green tuxedos and white turtlenecks AT. ALL. TIMES.

Who's with me? G

7 comments:

rustyli150 said...

Maintaining a dignified silence on the uniform issue the B side of that record (Wrap It Up) is also seriously ace. No idea what they wore when they played that.

capnsimo said...

OK 700% but ONLY ONLY if you can complete the same rhythm guitar drums and vocals AT ALL TIMES and ONLY if I can be the big guy on trombone with the keks that don't go the full length.....
Top

Harley said...

You got the moves to go with that uniform, punk? Well, do ya?

Mick P said...

Gary, you know full well that's how I dress most days in any case. OK, the green tux comes off for luncheon and supper, but only in the interests of splash protection.

747 said...

I am all for it.

Kirk said...

Please. Co-ordinated ensembles and dance moves are how I think of Sideburn. Time you get it happening, and for the more casual/jaunty events I seriously recommend you look into the massive style action happening in regional Mexican/Banda acts- sort of the Tops go cowboy.

Paolo said...

Sideburn got soul