Friday 25 September 2009

Captain Highside's holiday snaps










Captain Highside is one of the best things about the UK short track series. The Skooter Farm star rider is one of the fastest riders, on a KTM/TransAlp hybrid he built himself (see Sideburn 2). He never has a bad race and he is always super-calm.
He has just come back from a long holiday in Australia. These are his shots and his message (and a review of the Book of Flat Track we're selling - see the right of this page)...


Hi GI, Great to meet up at the weekend and wheel my bike under the Skooter Farm race tent. The sun shone too ( but how is it we managed to have a muddy race?).

I've attached a few pics from my Oz trip. The dirttrack meet I went to at Allen Park featured none other than a "mechanic" called Wayne Gardner and his racer son who was haulin'. I also called at the Church of Deus and after mentioning Sideburn
( along with my dashing personality ) managed to obtain a fair bit of discount on a great flat white along with a few shirts! Anyone in Sydney has to pay a visit.

The reprint of The Complete Book of Flat Track Racing deserves due credit too. My dog eared original copy I bought in the 80's is probably one of the reasons I'm on the grid now. The new version is superb, a quick read of the preface will sell it
alone. More a total rewrite of the original it has lots more color ( USA remember) on great paper but is still routed in the wild racing of the 70's. Everyone buy it now, build a bike over the winter and come racin' in 2010!
See you at the Chris Carr Nite Captain Highside.

No comments: