Thursday 25 June 2009

It's not what you ride, but how you ride it (no.9)










It's an endless joy to find out the disparate cults and crews that are drawn to Sideburn world. We've got the dirt track racers and street trackers builders, of course, but we also have Texas chopper dudes, Japanese photographers, British endurance racers, French classic guys, the Italian cafe racers and now, Australian bicycle loonies. Vive la difference! GI

Hi guys
I just picked up a copy of your latest magazine and have read it 3 times over.
I work in a bike shop: http://www.mccyclery.com.au and do a lot of design work for them. I'm crazy into cars, and bicycles, and used to ride motos but I'm not quite ready to get back into them again. But recently I put a motor onto my bicycle, we've been having fun with them, racing each other on an old abandoned cycle track. The boys are BMX shop owners (Hell on Wheels
in Newtown), magazine owners (Matt from 20/20 magazine) and also the MC Cyclery crew, thought you might want to plug it on your blog (we'd be honoured!).
Some photos from the 2 races we've had so far:
Race 1
Race 2
I'll be plugging your blog on the MCC blog tomorrow!
Peace, and much respect! Justin Fox

5 comments:

Iwan said...

STYLE KINGS!

#39 said...

Great stuff.

Bubble Visor said...

wowi
cool stuff
the links are dead..

Mick P said...

Interesting bit of two-fingered salutery going on there, in what I assume is a fuck off styleee. Do the Aussies use that as well, then? I give myself away as a Brit here in Italy every time I use it. The Romans just look at me and ask themselves, "Two what?" That said, it's no way to behave outside a primary school, drunk again.

Chris W said...

I want one -