Thursday 2 April 2009

DIY number boards



A few people have asked where I got my number boards from. Well Skooter Farm brought a bunch in, but they've sold out. Mine (top) look scruffy. So I've made some from 5mm sign board from a local sign and sticker shop. It was an off-cut bit of scrap, so they gave it me for nothing. It was easy to cut with a Stanley knife. They looked great. Then I sprayed on the number using a stencil and buggered it up. I should have made the stickers from sticky back plastic like last year. Anyway, it was all free. GI

2 comments:

McQmoto said...

If you ab-so-lutely, pos-it-ively HAVE to have the pukka stamped aluminium jobbies they are available on a Harley part no from US dealers - the ones involved in racing will have them in stock. They are sold singly not as a set of three. I've got the part no somewhere but not right to hand...

Anonymous said...

If you want REALLY flash looking number boards (with sponsor space as well) then www.tuffplates.com are the guys to speak to. I got mine from there for my XR1200 and they are very reasonable. Just ask for USPS shipping rather than UPS or it will cost a lot more ;)