Tuesday 20 January 2009

European domination


Brit iron, Italian rubber.
I never knew they ran Pirellis back then. I wouldn't even dream of racing on those and I'm slow. What's that all about? I've had it drummed into me that tyres are everything, but Gene could kick all our asses on these. Perhaps I need better tyres because I need all the help I can get. GI
Photo found at ze last chance...

ADDITION: I'm going to have to teach Wayne how to post a comment (you just click the bit that say '0 comments' below the post), because he keeps delivering gems. Like this: "Those tires are still the shit on cushions. Cut Pirelli on the front was the only tire to use at Ascot."

1 comment:

McQmoto said...

The Pirelli MT53 was THE hot set-up, maybe with a Carlisle or latterly a Goodyear on the rear. I've got some, nearly 40 yrs old and the rubber is still soft.